“Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is like saying, 'I don't want to.” - Lao Tzu. This famous quote has significant food for thought – “Time is a created thing”.
Let us look at the following example.
Every Second repeats itself......
Every Minute repeats itself......
Every Hour repeats itself......
Every Day repeats itself......
So, I can definitely say “Every Year repeats itself......” Of course, until I can provide proof most will not accept this!
However, the simple question is, what is time? The dictionary has the following definitions:
- the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues: DURATION
- a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future
- the time when something happens or when something should happen
- the time shown on a clock in minutes and hours
Have we ever thought about this statement “The past and future exist only because of the present”
My present only exists because I am awake!
The amount of time I was not awake is only known because of the clock or some associated events from the last time I was awake.
So, time is a created thing, created by me while I am awake, existing for me while I am awake. My time and your time are only related because we are both awake at the same time.
Time to ponder ……..





No comments:
Post a Comment